Friday, July 22, 2011

summer reads

Don't you just love a good book? The kind that you CAN"T put down. The kind that you think about non-stop whenever you aren't reading. And the kind that when you finish, you don't think you will ever find another book as good? Well I do!

Here are a few of our favorite reads this summer...


Meg's picks:


You will finish this book in no time because it is just that good. You'll fall in love with the 5-year-old little boy who tells the story. I love it because although it's dark, it's also witty and light-hearted at the same time. And the way the author writes is unique and unforgettable!



Glass Castle is one of those books you can't believe is a true story. It is the author's personal narrative of  her life growing up, and her story is unbelievable.

-----------------
Rebecca's picks:

This series by Suzanne Collins is amazing. I have already demanded my friends read them and you should read them too. I never read the Harry Potter books or Twilight series so this is my first series to obsess over and I love it. The movie is coming out in 2012 and the cast looks fantastic and I cannot wait! 


Anything by Candace Bushnell goes to the top of my reading list. This book is a must read if, like me, you feel like you personally know Carrie Bradshaw. In this book you'll get to know her even better by going through her high school days with her.
(One drawback...this book is located in the Teen Fiction section...so if you can get over the embarrassment of buying a teen book I promise it will be worth it.)

One of my favorite websites will tell you what book to read next based on what you just finished reading! Check it out here.
--------------

Happy Reading!
Meg & Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment