Sunday, August 21, 2011

top beauty picks

Don't you have those certain beauty products that you have used forever and can't live without...whether it's that $5 mascara from the drugstore or a $30 salon shampoo? Well, today we thought we would share our top picks with you! Of course we all have our own beauty routine, but I love finding out about great new products and secrets. So please enjoy our beauty must-haves and feel free to share yours as well!


Rebecca: MASCARA is the #1 thing I cannot live without. Say my luggage were to get lost or something...I would buy mascara first and not worry about a toothbrush, clothes, etc. I use 3 types of mascara every day because I'm just that obsessed with mascara and think it is necessary to use all of the different brushes. 

My first coat is Maybelline Lash Stiletto. The brush is almost triangular so it is a great first coat because it reaches your little corner lashes and covers very nicely. 



My second coat is Maybelline the Colossal Volume Express. This brush is nice and round and puts a THICK layer on your nicely spread out lashes from the previous mascara. 

My third, and favorite, coat is Revlon Grow Luscious. This actually helps your lashes grow longer and strengthens them. The brush is HUGE and is the perfect final touch to your lashes. 


The best thing about all of these mascaras is they are all around the $6 to $8 range. Very affordable. 

The other product I love is preventative and firming eye cream. I put this on morning and night. It has SPF 15 which is great to have on your eyes all day. This creme is good for younger girls because it takes proper preventive measures to keep those wrinkles away!

LUXIVA Preventage Firming Eye Creme
found at Merle Norman salons

Meg: I am by no means a beauty fanatic. I keep it simple when it comes to make-up, and I don't like spending a long time on my beauty routine.  But I do have a few products that I cannot live with out.  The first is aquaphor; I have been using this for about 10 years!! It is is the best moisturizer for your lips, and not the addicting kind.  I just put it on once in the morning and before I go to bed, and it is just perfect. You can find this at any drugstore or grocery store, and it lasts forever!!
Another product I have probably been using for about 10 years is Cetaphil face wash.  I love it just as much as I did when I first started using it.  It is the perfect gentle cleanser that doesn't dry out your face and it takes off all your make-up. I have never used make-up remover! I use this cleanser every night before bed.

In the morning I like to wash my face with Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub (which I have been using also for many years). I have tried some of their other face washes, and this one is definitely the best. It is refreshing and good for the pores. I take both of these face washes with me on any trip and cannot go without them!
Lastly, this one is a splurge, but I absolutely love this concealer from Cle de Peau.  I have trouble with concealers getting really cakey under my eyes, so I have tried a lot.  This one is light and unnoticeable when you are wearing it and lasts all day without creating any lines.  It's best when you put eye cream on right before you apply it, and don't put your powder on top of it.  This one is definitely worth the splurge! Can be found at Neiman Marcus.
 


Hope you enjoyed our beauty picks.  What products can you not live without??

No comments:

Post a Comment